Things to do in and from Simon's Town
- Visit Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope. The entrance
is 12 Km from our house. Spend a full or half a day to enjoy
the 8500 plant species (Fynbos) that grow here and nowhere
else on earth. There are also various animal and reptile
and bird species to be seen and enjoyed. There are several
hiking trials - from 30 minutes to a full day. Have a picnic
on the beach.
- Visit the 4000 African Penguin Colony within walking distance
of our house, or join a guided kayak trip and visit them from the sea
side. Swim with the penguins if the weather is warm. Half
a boat ride around Simon’s Bay and hear and
see the history of Simon's Town and the South African Navy.
half a day enjoying the historical mile in Simon’s
Town. See the preserved historic buildings, and visit the
Simon’s Town and Naval museums. Enjoy the waterfront
with its interesting coffee bars, restaurants and shops.
- Take a boat ride out to Seal Island where you can see 75000
Cape Fur Seals, great white sharks, whales and dolphins -
- White shark cage diving - mainly winter months. Half day.
- See the Southern Right whales from August to end November.
They come here to calve and can be seen and heard from our
balconies. View them from ashore or by boat.
- Offshore bird watching - mainly winter. Take a boat 35
miles south of Cape Point to see the Albatrosses. Full day.
- Relax on one of our beautiful beaches nearby.
- Play golf at one of our nearby courses.
- Visit the Constantia wine farms and or the Kirstenbosch
botanical gardens - 30 minutes drive from our house. Half
- Visit one of our many restaurants in the day or evening.
- Visit the city of Cape Town - 50 minutes drive from here.
- Climb or visit Table Mountain with the cable car - 50 minutes
view of Albatross House from the Simon's Town Waterfront
of the Best!
'Refined comforts with added extras and thoughtful
Guest House Category
'Superior excellent comfort and quality with
a high standard of furnishings and service'
Rating: 4 TGSA Stars
Point National Park
Southern Right Whale